Petaluma City Schools uses a CIPA compliant content filter to ensure internet safety for students. While connected to the PCS network such as a school's wifi network, staff members will also be subject to this content filter. However, if you are on a PCS network, staff may authenticate through the filter to gain increased internet access.
How to Authenticate into the Internet Filter
If you are connected to a PCS network, follow these instructions in order to authenticate yourself into the content filter in order to bypass some content restrictions.
- Navigate to PCS Internet Filter Login
- Click the "Sign in with Google" button
- Login with your petk12.org G Suite account
What about External Networks (e.g. home networks)?
- PCS student devices are subject to the content filter on or off the PCS network. The content filter is deployed as a Chrome extension so the content filter will apply if a student logs into Chrome on their own device.
- PCS staff are subject to the content offsite when logged in Chrome because the content filter is deployed as a Chrome extension.